This crockpot recipe is one of my favorite, simple, yet delicious meals to make when I don't have a copious amount of time to cook. The chicken, kale, and quinoa merry well together to create a light and healthy stew for dinner or lunch. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs of chicken breast (cut into 1-2inch chunks)
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp of garlic
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of kale (added in the last 20 minutes of cooking)
- Coat and toss chicken breast chunks in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into crockpot.
- Add in chopped vegetables (carrot, celery, & onion), quinoa, and garlic into crockpot.
- Set crockpot to low temperature setting. Cook for 7-8 hours.
- Chop 1 cup of kale and add into the crockpot. Cook until kale has reached desired consistency.
Optional: I love adding avocado to this dish to incorporate some healthy omega-3 fats into this dish!